Bodhi Seeds in Rumtek, Sikkim, India
- For six years, sponsors Tso Jey Clinic doctor's salary, patients' medication and clinic administration.
- Tso Jey Clinic operate's directly observed treatment, for tuberculosis to stop an epidemic
- Almost ten years of paying school tuition and board for young children through their high school graduation.
- Maintains the annual stipend for all monks at Rumtek, now almost 300, our oldest project and a Bodhi Seeds tradition.
- Supports private living quarters for monks with multi-drug resistant tuberculosis
Bodhi Seeds in Legon, Sichuan, China
- Fall, 2015 Bodhi Seeds, Legon broke ground for its eleven room clinic serving approximately 20,000
- Spring, 2016, construction completed.
- Spring 2016 money raised for clinic furnishings, equipment, medication and a van qua ambulance
- Summer 2016 opening ceremony with state, monastic and community participants
- Near future: plans underway to bring eye specialists to clinic to treat the numerous cases of blindness.
- 2 doctors to serve health care needs---prenatal visits, deliveries, childhood diseases, traumatic injuries, infectious, parasitic, and chronic diseases, comfort for the disabled and dying.......8,500 RMB or approximately $1,350/month, pays salaries for 2 resident doctors in Legon
- $500 /month for Tso Jey Clinic doctor and staff; administration of medications for tuberculosis
$10-$20 per month would help a great deal